Arnold for 3ds Max 2018
This version is deprecated because it introduced a critical bug (skydome light not working in texture mode).
Please install version 1.1.880 instead.
Arnold for 3ds Max is provided by the MAXtoA plug-in.
October 25, 2017
This is a bugfix releasing, using the Arnold 22.214.171.124 core, and is MAXtoA build 879.
Get the installer on Solid Angle Downloads.
Enhancements and fixes:
- ID AOV now properly supported.
- Fixing the render region.
- Fixing crash with standard_volume assigned as atmosphere shader.
- Fixing Active Shade crash when drag and dropping a material into the scene.
- Fixing Active Shade crash with some specific settings in the physical camera.
- Fixing Active Shade hanging when clearing a quad light's map.
- Fixing crash when using the material editors rendering and the .ASS file flag is enabled.
- Supporting displacement when assigned to objects created through the translation SDK.
- The Kelvin color swatch now updating correctly when changing the Kelvin value.
- Maps rollout now specifying which component each parameter corresponds to.
- Translation SDK now included in the plugin, under the MAXtoA_SDK sub-directory.