Arnold for 3ds Max is provided by the MAXtoA plug-in.
September 19, 2018
This is a feature release, using the Arnold 220.127.116.11 core, and is MAXtoA build 949.
Get the installer on Solid Angle Downloads.
- Option to retranslate the scene on a frame change: a new flag, called Re-translate Scene on a Frame Change was added to the rendering options. If enabled, the scene is re-translated from scratch on a frame change, when rendering a sequence. By default, from frame to frame, MAXtoA re-translates only the elements that changed, but there could be cases where these elements are not detected correctly. This new option simply re-exports all to Arnold, of course at the cost of the full scene translation time.
- Update to Arnold 18.104.22.168.
- Point cloud with animated display volume not updating in animation.
- Crash with legacy maps connected to Map to Material and legacy mode OFF.
- Wrong Mode drop-down in vr_camera.
- Minor toon shader layout improvement.
See the Arnold 22.214.171.124 release notes for the full list of enhancements and fixes.