July 31, 2019
This version uses the Arnold 220.127.116.11 core.
Important information about Arnold GPU (beta)
- Check the system requirements before using Arnold GPU. If you don't have a supported card or the required drivers, GPU rendering will not work.
- Review the list of supported features and known limitations before you start using Arnold GPU.
- If you have any technical problems, questions, or feedback on Arnold GPU, use the beta forum on Arnold Answers
Update to Arnold 18.104.22.168.
- Support Arnold lights in the viewport.
- Add a viewport representation for Procedurals and Alembics.
- Support changes in rendering settings in Activeshade.
Support baking of height maps.
Support baking of normal maps.
- Expose the clip_geo shader.
- Alembic layers.
- Expose the aov_read shaders.
- Expose MAXtoA and Arnold versions to maxscript.
GPU: error in ActiveShade editing the scene before the render has started.
Making changes to scene while GPU cache is being populated crashes Arnold.
Clearing a procedural's operator while ActiveShade is running will crash Max.
The results of some maps from Arnold Multipass baking are not correct.
After an operator export, editing operator connections while Activeshade is running will crash Max.
- AOVs and Drivers cannot be created from maxscript.
- MapToMaterial - Deleting the map crashes in activeshade.
- Baked outputs are always clamped.
- Multi/Sub-Object material ON/OFF toggle not working in Arnold.
See the Arnold 22.214.171.124 release notes for the full list of enhancements and fixes.