MAXtoA 4.2.2 is a bugfix release, upgrading to Arnold 22.214.171.124, and adding the options to automatically generate .TX texture files when rendering.
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2019, 2020, or 2021.
- Windows 7 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set.
- GPU rendering requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 451.77 drivers or higher. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
maxtoa#933: Update to Arnold-126.96.36.199
maxtoa#876: Implement Auto TX generation
maxtoa#680: Enhance performances in the viewport when displaying Arnold procedurals
maxtoa#757: GPU: Crash on rendering some OSL maps more than once
maxtoa#908: AA pre-passes always rendered even if disabled
- core#10125 Bad chromaticity detection when linear and narrow color space are the same
- core#9979 Crash when missing config in color_manager_ocio
- core#10140 Crash with quad_light and IPR
- core#9634 [GPU] OSL texture lookup crashing on a subsequent renders
- core#10050 [GPU] Crash in displacement in when using tracing shaders in the scene
- core#10128 [GPU] Curvature shader slows down render
- core#10060 [GPU] Improve handling of stack overflow exceptions
- core#10118 [GPU] Improve NVML detection
- core#10196 [GPU] Light disappears during GPU IPR after modified
- core#10163 [GPU] Single channel float texture artifacts
- core#10231 [GPU] Texture and exception handling errors using multiple GPUs without NVLink
- core#10146 Fixed a hang in crash handler
- core#10175 Mix of two standard_surfaces with transmission hangs the render
- core#9982 Negative values with thin_film and transmission
- core#10165 [OSL] Artifacts when using randomwalk_bssrdf in OSL
- core#10159 Random crash in subdivision after render interruption
- core#10124 Surfaces with transmission depth can disappear with nested dielectrics on CPU
- usd#592 Invalid face-varying primvars crash the render delegate
- usd#596 Invalid USD is produced if polymesh is made of triangles and nsides is empty
- usd#481 std::string, TfToken, and SdfAssetPath typed VtArrays are not converted when setting primvars