Beauty AOV / Cryptomatte material AOV
Arnold supports Cryptomatte, an ID matte creation tool created by Jonah Friedman. It creates ID mattes automatically with support for motion blur, transparency, and depth of field. Names, object namespaces, and material names can be used to organize ID mattes in the scene.
The following Cryptomatte AOVs are available under AOVs.
- crypto_asset creates the same matte for all assets.
- crypto_material creates a matte based on the assigned shader.
- crypto_object creates a matte based on the object name.
- In the AOVs tab of the Render Setup window, under the File Type, select EXR. The following Cryptomatte AOVs should be available:
- Select the Cryptomatte AOVs that you require and Add them.
- In the AOV Shaders section below, select a No Map slot under Maps.
- In the Material/Map Browser window, create a Cryptomatte shader.
- Render the scene. The Cryptomatte AOVs should now be available in the Active Shade window.