Beauty AOV / Cryptomatte material AOV
Arnold supports Cryptomatte, an ID matte creation tool created by Jonah Friedman. It creates ID mattes automatically with support for motion blur, transparency, and depth of field. Names, object namespaces, and material names can be used to organize ID mattes in the scene.
The following Cryptomatte AOVs are available under AOVs.
- crypto_asset creates the same matte for all assets.
- crypto_material creates a matte based on the assigned shader.
- crypto_object creates a matte based on the object name.
- Create a cryptomatte map in the Slate Material Editor.
- Drag the cryptomatte map onto a Map slot under AOV Shaders in the AOVs tab of the Render Setup window.
- Open the Arbitrary Output Variables window (AOVs tab of the Render Setup window).
- Select the Cryptomatte AOVs that you require and Add them (drag across to the right from the AOV List).
- Render the scene. The Cryptomatte AOVs should now be available in the AOV list in the RenderView window toolbar.
An example scene file can be downloaded here.