July 06, 2015
This version uses the Arnold 188.8.131.52 core.
- Support for emitter geometry
- Support for spline vertex maps
- Support for creases (weight tag) in subdivision
- Added facing_ratio shader
- Support for Hair Material thickness
- Light interaction manipulators added to the viewport
- Export the tessellated geometry of Subdivision Surface Object
- Replace textures in image shaders from Project Info
- Optimize translator creation and export by a Cloner
- Add space transformation parameters to vector_displacement shader
- Keep relative paths relative in the exported ASS files
- Occasional crashes in IPR with mesh light and light linking
- Light linking of Arnold Mesh Light tag is skipped
- Arnold Sky is missing light linking options
- A texture applied to the color of a mesh_light has no effect in the visible light
- Procedural is not rendered in Team Render when an ASS sequence is given by relative path
- 'Save Project with Assets' does not work for ASS and OpenVDB files
- Display color is not linearized
- Render interrupt has a long delay in some scenes
- Crash in IPR when an XRef is disabled
- IPR crash when repeat undo/redo deletion of active camera
- Do not add postfix to file name by beauty AOV
- Bitmap sequence given by absolute path is not rendering
- Arnold Material is duplicated when duplicating an object
- Can not change tag values in python script when adding a new object
- "No clients are online" error in Team Render single frame render prior to R16.050
- Displacement is rebuilt when changing the beauty root shader
- Background defined in Render Settings is not rendered when restarting IPR
- Do not render original light in a Cloner
- Procedurals with assets in Team Render does not work
- Black material previews when opening a scene
- Incompatible changes:
- Hair thickness settings are removed from Arnold Parameters tag.
- Old scenes using display color can have different result because display color is now linearized.
- ASS and OpenVDB sequences have to be moved to the tex folder when using relative path.
- Writing beauty to a file from a driver has a different file name, e.g. output.exr instead of output_beauty.exr.
- C4D and Arnold use different subdivision algorithms which can result in slight mismatches in the following cases:
- soft creases
- hard edge creases