C4DtoA 3.3.1 uses Arnold 126.96.36.199 and is a minor feature release bringing imager fixes, support for implicit volumes, displaying ACES output color space in the Picture Viewer, using GPU in single frame Team Render and more.
- Cinema 4D
- R20.057 and above
- R21.026 and above
- S22.016 and above
- R23.008 and above
- R20.057 and above
- Display custom output color space in the Picture Viewer: Custom output color spaces (e.g. Output - sRGB from ACES config) can now be rendered to the Picture Viewer and saved to 8-bit images (e.g. JPEG, PNG, etc.). (c4dtoa#2301)
Using the built-in Cinema 4D color space you can render to the Picture Viewer and then you can select to save to an 8-bit sRGB or 32-bit linear image. When a custom output color space is used however, the process is different and you must set the Output Color Space before rendering depending on your preferred output:
- If you want to save to an 8-bit image, the Output Color Space has to be set to the custom color space (e.g. Output - sRGB).
- If you want to save to a 32-bit linear image, the Output Color Space has to be set to <disabled>.
- Support for implicit volumes: OpenVDB volumes can now be rendered as implicit surfaces by changing the Shape mode to implicit on the Render tab and specifying the field channel. (c4dtoa#1544)
- Single frame GPU Team Render: GPU can now be used to render single frame images via Team Render. (c4dtoa#2306)
- Render selected objects on GPU: GPU can now be used to render selected objects. (c4dtoa#2310)
- Select instances when rendering selected objects: New option is added to the Render selected objects feature which allows rendering instances of selected objects. (c4dtoa#2311)
- Use Viewport API to display procedurals: Shapes from procedurals are now displayed in the viewport even if a render is running in the background (e.g. IPR or render to PV). (c4dtoa#2028)
- c4dtoa#2314 Cannot bake AOVs to texture
- core#10355 Do not warn about loading non-Arnold Yeti libraries
- core#10334 [GPU] Deleting layers in imager_light_mixer cause GPU crashes and frame corruption
- core#10345 [GPU] Stack overflow when using wireframe with many sided polygons
- core#10306 [Imagers] imager_denoiser_noice creates black layers for AOVs not matching layer_selection
- core#10269 [Imagers] Slowdown when doing frequent imager updates
- core#7216 [OSL] Wrong hit distance returned after trace() call
- core#10316 Rare IPR hang
- core#4530 Reset texture cache stats after every render
- core#4845 Support detection of Windows version > 8.0
- usd#654 Transform is not synced for the points primitive
There's a known bug in Cinema 4D R23.008, that plugins are not loaded automatically in Team Render Client and Commandline render. The plugins folder (e.g. c:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D R23\plugins) has to be added manually.
In Team Render Client go to File -> Preferences... -> Plugins -> Search Paths -> Add Folder...
For Commandline, specify the g_additionalModulePath environment variable.