C4DtoA 3.3.6 uses Arnold 22.214.171.124 and is a minor feature release bringing improvements to the Density control in the Arnold Scatter object, exporting world space reference points and a bunch of bug fixes.
Cinema 4D S24 related issues:
- Textures stored in the new S24 Asset Browser are not supported yet, because of a limitation in the C4D SDK. Therefore porting material libraries from the Content Browser to the new Asset Browser is not recommended.
- Drag & drop nodes to the node editor does not work in S24, such as:
- Drag & drop an Arnold Material to create a reference.
- Drag & drop an object to create an object reference.
- Drag & drop a Vertex Map to create a Vertex Map shader.
- Ctrl + drag a shader in the node editor in S24 creates two copies instead of one. shift + drag and Shift + Alt + drag does not work.
- Cinema 4D
- R21.026 and above
- S22.016 and above
- R23.008 and above
- S24.035 and above
- Progressive Render checkbox in the render settings: The Progressive Render setting is moved from the IPR Window to the Sampling section of the render settings. (c4dtoa#2378)
- Density scale in the Arnold Scatter object: A new option is added as the child of the Density parameter, which controls how many points are generated per surface area. For instance, the default 1 cm setting means 1 point on each square cm. (c4dtoa#2379).
Note, that Density now depends on the Project Scale. When you load an old scene where the Project Scale is not the default 1 cm, you have to set Points per square unit accordingly to match the look.
- World space reference points: Reference points can now be exported in world space in the Arnold Tag of a mesh. This can be useful for instance to stick texture when using a triplanar shader in world space. (c4dtoa#2420).
- c4dtoa#2425 IPR is too bright
- c4dtoa#2360 Relative paths are not exported correctly
- c4dtoa#2392 IPR does not update when switching cameras
- c4dtoa#2419 IPR render to viewport causes a crash
- c4dtoa#2418 xpTrail render fails with invalid data error
- c4dtoa#2400 Arnold Sky shows "File does not exist" error
- c4dtoa#2391 Stats and profile show a file open dialog instead of a save dialog
- core#9900 Arnold can raise signals twice if they are handled by the host application
- core#10621 Artifacts or crashes when interactively changing object's number of transform motion keys or shutter interval
- core#10511 Artifacts with implicit surface shapes
- core#10491 Crash due to NaN values in volume displacement
- core#10516 Crash when passing a null pointer to AiASSLoad()
- core#9425 Crash when updating the dependency graph after deleting a node
- core#10395 [GPU] Interactively editing a procedural transform does not update the included lights
- core#10377 Incorrect motion blur on visible quad and point lights when not using the default shutter
- core#10483 Large implicit surface shapes can cause slow or hung renders
- core#10488 Slowdown in stats output when ADP libraries are not found
- core#10528 [OCIO] Upgrade to bugfix release 2.0.1
- usd#795 GfMatrix4d attributes are not converted to AI_TYPE_MATRIX parameters
- usd#778 Procedural doesn't read some animated parameters properly
- usd#790 Reset the disp_map parameter instead of setting nullptr when there is no displacement
- usd#768 Custom typed primitives are not written if they already exist