C4DtoA 4.2.1 uses Arnold 22.214.171.124 and is a minor feature release bringing support for Cinema 4D S26 and a number of bug fixes.
Cinema 4D S24, R25 and S26 related issues in the legacy Arnold Shader Network Editor:
- Drag & drop nodes to the node editor does not work as expected:
- Drag & drop an Arnold Material to create a reference. A Cinema 4D Object Operator node is created instead of an Arnold Material reference node.
- Drag & drop an object to create an object reference. A Cinema 4D Object Operator node is created instead of an Arnold object node.
- Drag & drop a Vertex Map to create a Vertex Map shader. A Cinema 4D Object Operator node is created instead of an Arnold Vertex Map shader.
- Ctrl + drag a shader in the node editor in S24 creates two copies instead of one. shift + drag and Shift + Alt + drag does not work.
- Cinema 4D
- R21.026 and above
- R23.008 and above
- S24.111 and above
- R25.010 and above
- S26.013 and above
Rosetta2 mode for M1 Macs is no longer supported by Cinema 4D S26. This means Arnold can not run on Apple Mac models with M series chips in Cinema 4D S26 at the moment. M1 support is planned in a future release.
- Windows 10 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- Linux with at least glibc 2.17 and libstdc++ 4.8.5 (gcc 4.8.5). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 7.
- macOS 10.13 or later.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set. Apple Mac models with M series chips are supported under Rosetta 2 mode.
- GPU rendering works on Windows and Linux only and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Ampere, Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
- We recommend using the 511.09 (Quadro), 511.09 (GeForce), or higher on Windows and 495.46 or higher drivers on Linux. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
The driver type must be set to DCH.
In the driver page select "Windows Driver Type:" DCH
The cache will also need to be re-populated after installing a new Arnold version, updating to a new NVIDIA driver, or changing the hardware configuration of GPUs on the system. More information can be found here.
- Support for Cinema 4D S26: Builds for Cinema 4D S26.013 are now available. (C4DTOA-2713)
- C4DTOA-2721 - Wrong color space when writing textures from the Node Editor
- C4DTOA-2722 - 'Unable to write file' error when exporting scene to ASS
- C4DTOA-2723 - Contour filter buttons are missing from the toon shader UI in the Node Editor
- C4DTOA-2727 - Sometimes imagers trigger re-render instead of an imager only update
- C4DTOA-2728 - Image sequence with absolute path in a Node Material fails on Mac
- C4DTOA-2730 - Some log messages are missing from the console