- User Data (named userid) is applied to each object that is required a user AOV. You can define any custom name for the objects in the userid parameter, they are used as the IDs in the custom user AOV.
Object2 custom name used in userid User Data for Cube
- Create a Custom AOV called crypto_userid.
crypto_userid custom AOV
- Create a cryptomatte shader and under AOV name, enter crypto_userid.
- Set userid as the Source User Data in the shader.
Cryptomatte shader with crypto_userid AOV name and userid as Source User Data
- Render the scene. You should be able to view the crypto_userid AOV.