The Arnold Light Manager window offers an overview of all light sources in the scene (e.g. Arnold lights, C4D lights, Arnold Sky, mesh lights) and allows you to easily modify their most important parameters or assign them to different light groups. The Light Manager can be opened from the Plugins > C4DtoA > Arnold Light menu or from the AOVs tab in the Render Settings.
Light groups are listed in the tree on the left. The default group contains the light sources which are not assigned to any light group. The attributes are displayed next to each light allowing you to modify them. Changing an attribute applies to all selected lights. You can customize which attribute to show in the table via the View > Show attributes... menu.
The Light Manager offers the following actions:
- Add a new group: click on the Add Light Group... button.
- Add a new light to the scene: click on the Add Light... button.
- Assign the selected lights to a group: drag & drop or right click and select Move to group > [group name] from the context menu.
- Assign the selected lights to a new group: press Alt + G or right click and select Move to group > <new> from the context menu.
- Edit the name of a light or light group: double click on the name in the tree.
- Select a light in the Attribute Manager: Alt + click on the light or right click and select Select in Attribute Manager from the context menu.
- Select all lights of a light group: Alt + click on the light group.
- Delete a light from the scene: press the Delete button or right click and select Remove from the context menu.
- Delete a light group: press the Delete button or right click and select Remove from the context menu. All lights assigned to this group are moved under default.
- Mute or solo a light: click the and buttons. Mute means to disable the given light in the Renderer, solo means to disable all other lights making the selected one(s) the only visible.