C4DtoA allows you to save shader attributes and networks (connections) as user presets and easily reuse them in a new scene or a new shader network.
Each shader has a tab called Presets, where you can:
- Save the current settings (parameters) of the shader to a new or existing user preset.
- Load a previously saved user preset or built-in preset shipped with the plugin. This will override the shader parameters with the stored values.
- Delete a previously saved user preset.
Shader network presets
Saving parts of a shader network or an entire network (shaders with their connections) is available in the File menu of the Arnold shader network editor.
- Load preset...: Loads a previously saved user preset or a built-in preset shipped with the plugin. The loaded network is inserted to the editor so you can connect it to the required part of the exiting network.
- Save preset...: Saves the current network to a new or existing user preset.
- Save preset from selection...: Saves the selected shaders and the connections between them (sub-network) to a new or existing user preset.
- Delete preset...: Deletes a previously saved user preset.
The presets are stored in native format, you can view and edit them manually in the Content Browser, like other material presets.
Since the presets are stored in Cinema 4D's native format, they can not be loaded in other DCCs.