30 July 2017
This is a feature release, bringing improved IPR rendering. This includes adding, removing and re-wiring of shaders during IPR renders in the VOP shading network. Note this excludes changes to the output nodes in the VOP network (for example rewiring the Material output node is not currently supported), and any shader nodes that were not connected at translation time.
This release uses Arnold 126.96.36.199 and OpenVDB 4.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc4.8)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc14)
- Mac OS X 10.8+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- Improved IPR: Adding and rewiring of shaders is supported during IPR rendering. (htoa#907)
- Curve orientation motion blur: Enabling of motion blur when exporting curves with orientation attributes (htoa#918)
- Dynamic VOP inputs: Fix for crash during shader connection after last connection (#923)
- Melanin absorption values: Fix for wide gamut rendering color spaces (core#5981)
- Deep EXR: Output of light path expressions now includes volumes (core#6089)
- Lat-long sky dome light: Fixed artifacts in latlong skydome_light (core#6094)
- Fresnel: discontinuity in diffuse term fixed when texture is connected to specular_color (core#6095)
- Subdivision Surfaces: duplicate vertex index in face no longer causes crash (core#6097)
- Watermarks: Warn that images will be watermarked if license authorization fails (core#6116)
See also the Arnold 188.8.131.52 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.