22 May 2019
Important information about Arnold GPU (beta)
- Check the system requirements before using Arnold GPU. If you don't have a supported card or the required drivers, GPU rendering will not work.
- Review the list of supported features and known limitations before you start using Arnold GPU.
- If you have any technical problems, questions, or feedback on Arnold GPU, use the beta forum on Arnold Answers
This release uses Arnold 126.96.36.199 and OpenVDB 4.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (H16: gcc4.8 and H17: gcc6.3)
- Windows 7 x64 (H16: vc14 and H17: vc14.1)
- Mac OS X 10.8+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third-party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
IPR for light color shaders (htoa#942)
OBJ node with tesselated and non-tesselated geo (htoa#1219)
IPR for light enable/disable parameter (htoa#1221)
Callback issue with Arnold ROP OTL (htoa#1222)
Arnold visibility override uses OBJ phantom status (htoa#1224)
Add use_implicit_uvs to ramp_float (htoa#1225)
Add wrap_uvs to ramp shaders (htoa#1227)
Add clamp parameter in uv_projection (htoa#1230)
Fixed link warning using shader for skydome_light (#1231)
Alembic geometry loses shader connections on frame changed (htoa#1233)
Fixed a slowdown in the cooker with many operators (core#8274)
Faster GPU cache pre-population (core#8229, core#8235, core#8241)
See also the Arnold 188.8.131.52 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.