10 June 2019
Important information about Arnold GPU (beta)
- Check the system requirements before using Arnold GPU. If you don't have a supported card or the required drivers, GPU rendering will not work.
- Review the list of supported features and known limitations before you start using Arnold GPU.
- If you have any technical problems, questions, or feedback on Arnold GPU, use the beta forum on Arnold Answers
This release uses Arnold 22.214.171.124 and OpenVDB 4.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (H16: gcc4.8 and H17: gcc6.3)
- Windows 7 x64 (H16: vc14 and H17: vc14.1)
- Mac OS X 10.8+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third-party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
curverendering artifacts at small scales (core#7891)
Matrix array size mismatch when instancing with the
Prevent infinite loop in
operatortraversal during export (htoa#1226)
Changed default and better naming for the
alembictransform update on frame change (htoa#1232)
Alembicgeometry loses shader connections on frame changed (htoa#1233, core#8403)
varyingstring attributes as constant arrays (htoa#1236)
DWAAcompression for monochrome 8-bit textures (htoa#1245)
Fix to export
See also the Arnold 126.96.36.199 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.