Sept 17th 2019
Important information about Arnold GPU (beta)
- Check the system requirements before using Arnold GPU. If you don't have a supported card or the required drivers, GPU rendering will not work.
- Review the list of supported features and known limitations before you start using Arnold GPU.
- If you have any technical problems, questions, or feedback on Arnold GPU, use the beta forum on Arnold Answers
This release uses Arnold 220.127.116.11 and OpenVDB 4.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (H16: gcc4.8 and H17: gcc6.3)
- Windows 7 x64 (H16: vc14 and H17: vc14.1)
- Mac OS X 10.8+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third-party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
Rewrite hick with new render API (htoa#663)
- IPR for displacement shader graphs (htoa#1291)
- Translate scene in separate universe (htoa#1284)
Update alembic transform in IPR (htoa#1290)
IPR shader update should respect the Auto Update status (htoa#1289)
Allow referencing OBJ nodes with trailing slash on arnold ROP (htoa#1297)
Fix load warnings for arnold_volume node (htoa#1282)
See also the Arnold 18.104.22.168 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.