Oct 16th 2019
This is a feature release bringing IPR improvements for simple arnold properties including
subdiv_iterations, subdiv_type and disp_height. It also fixes IPR updates for instance transforms and alembic reloading.
Important information about Arnold GPU (beta)
- Check the system requirements before using Arnold GPU. If you don't have a supported card or the required drivers, GPU rendering will not work.
- Review the list of supported features and known limitations before you start using Arnold GPU.
- If you have any technical problems, questions, or feedback on Arnold GPU, use the beta forum on Arnold Answers
This release uses Arnold 18.104.22.168 and OpenVDB 4.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (H16: gcc4.8 and H17: gcc6.3)
- Windows 7 x64 (H16: vc14 and H17: vc14.1)
- Mac OS X 10.8+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third-party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
IPR for simple Arnold Properties (htoa#928)
instancetransforms fixed (htoa#589)
IPR fixed for
instanceregression fixed (htoa#1082)
- IPR for
Unable to bake the most external UDIMs row and column (htoa#1295)
shop_materialpathwith pack and instance for Copy SOP (htoa#1305)
arnoldprocedural OTL as an alembic (htoa#1317)
alembicchild objects inherit visibility from
alembicprocedural correctly (core#8906)
- Correct detection of face varying data in
- Fixed point radius count with velocity motion blur in
- MaterialX: exporting of closures fixed (core#8893)
- Matrices on procedural contents fixed when expanding
See also the Arnold 22.214.171.124 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.