Friday 15th November
This is a bug fix release, fixing a regression preventing the export of ass files when expanding procedurals.
Important information about Arnold GPU (beta)
- Check the system requirements before using Arnold GPU. If you don't have a supported card or the required drivers, GPU rendering will not work.
- Review the list of supported features and known limitations before you start using Arnold GPU.
- If you have any technical problems, questions, or feedback on Arnold GPU, use the beta forum on Arnold Answers
This release uses Arnold 126.96.36.199 and OpenVDB 4.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (H16: gcc4.8 and H17: gcc6.3)
- Windows 7 x64 (H16: vc14 and H17: vc14.1)
- Mac OS X 10.8+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third-party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
Fix setUniverse error on windows 10 (htoa#1339)
Expand procedurals in the same universe (htoa#1333)
Fix for texture baking with camera_projections (htoa#1299)
Arnold Material Builder material flag should be on by default (htoa#1330)
See also the Arnold 188.8.131.52 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.