This is a bug fix release, notably fixing USD, Alembic and GPU issues.
This release uses Arnold 220.127.116.11, OpenVDB 4.0.0 and Arnold-USD (645cfa28).
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (H16: gcc4.8 and H17: gcc6.3)
- Windows 7 x64 (H16: vc14 and H17: vc14.1)
- Mac OS X 10.11+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third-party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
Fix HtoA operator round trip for AssignMaterial (htoa#1381)
- Fix tbb linkage when using a custom library name prefix (usd#192)
- Supporting SdfAssetPath on shaders (usd#159)
- Arnold attributes on USD builtin prims should be namespaced by primvars:arnold: (usd#180)
- Set _triggers_reload metadata on usd procedural attributes (usd#177)
- Reversing render context priority in the procedural (usd#156)
- Implement scene format plugin for USD (usd#152)
- Writer clears the list of exported attributes for every node (usd#146)
- AiProceduralViewport doesn't honor procedural_searchpath (core#9229)
- [Alembic] Normals not read from polymeshes in some archives (core#9216)
- [Alembic] Visibility overridden for ginstances of Alembic procedural (core#9227)
- [GPU] A polymesh with step_size>0 and volume_padding>0 crashes (core#9201)
- [GPU] Multi-GPU partially hangs on scenes with textures (core#9293)
- Potential crash in node initialization of ginstances with parallel initialization (core#9185)
- Unable to install licensing components on debian based linux (core#9230)
See also the Arnold 18.104.22.168 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.