This is a feature release, featuring improved support for USD and Solaris integration.
This release uses Arnold 184.108.40.206, OpenVDB 4.0.0 and Arnold-USD (cf6d100d3).
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc6.3)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc14.1)
- Mac OS X 10.11+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third-party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- #1356 Add Arnold properties to Render Settings LOP
- #1382 Translate usd packed primitives with usd procedural
- #1383 Export USD files
- #1405 Add OUT_Material surface output
- #1409 Support USDSkel / Crowds in Solaris
- #1411 ADP Opt in for ADP
- #1415 Add
osl_includepathto Arnold ROP
- #1417 Add use_instance_cache alembic parameter to
- #1426 Skip AiMakeTx for image nodes with missing filename
- usd#265,267 Computed primvars are now supported, enabling previewing UsdSkel and Houdini crowds.
- usd#270 The Render Delegate is now using the Arnold Render API correctly, leading to better responsiveness
- usd#8 Improved Render Buffers: The Hydra Render Buffer support is now significantly improved, including improved performance.
- usd#9 The render delegate now outputs 32-bit float buffers, instead of dithered 8 bit whenever possible.
- usd#302 Prefixing Render Settings with
arnold:global:is now supported.
- usd#314 Shaping parameters on Sphere Lights are now supported. This includes Spot and IES parameters, excluding IES normalize and IES angle scale
- usd#332 Solaris' Barndoor parameters are now roughly approximated using the barndoor filter. Note that Arnold does not match Karma.
- #1374 Fix autotx for varying color spaces
- #1379 Fix IPR crash updating string attr on OSL node
- #1388 Crash visualising with usd procedural
- #1390 Crash loading usd file with AiProceduralViewport
- #1408 Invalid type error when you import ambient_occlusion shader
- #1413 Crash calling AiProceduralViewport with usda file
- #1414 Crash creating Render Settings LOP node
- #1429 Fix material naming when exporting materials
#1430 Fix camera jump when tumbling around an arnold object
- usd#298 Fixed a crash when instancer nodes had uninitialized node pointers
- usd#4 Fixed a bug with aborted renders not marking the render pass as converged
See also the Arnold 220.127.116.11 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.