This is a feature release, adding AOV support and fixing point instancing in Solaris, and adding support for sharing shader nodes during material import.
This release uses Arnold 220.127.116.11, OpenVDB 4.0.0 and Arnold-USD (cea93ef9).
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc6.3)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc14.1)
- Mac OS X 10.11+ (clang7.3)
Please note that Houdini Apprentice does not support third-party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- #1424 Writing USD file crashes on Linux
- #1440 Enabling GPU rendering fails on Solaris on Windows
- #1441 Render Delegate crashes in HdArnoldRenderBuffer::WriteBucket()
- #1448 Solaris render gets restarted if a secondary AOV is displayed in the viewport
- #1458 Fixed Solaris render settings layout
- usd#431 Setting ignored render buffers to converged
- usd#430 Incorrect light path expressions break renders
- usd#439 Fixing crash when rendervars are deleted in Solaris
- #1449 Support light path expressions for Solaris
- usd#331 Adding support for spot and IES shaping parameters on sphere lights.
- usd#319 Reading filter properties for render products.
- usd#329 Supporting UsdSkel schemas in the Procedural
- #1359 Support shared shader nodes with material import
- #1416 Update Arnold ROP Sampling layout
- #1442 Remove restrictions for Houdini Indie
- usd#302 Remove arnold:global: prefix
- usd#408 Supporting nested procedurals in the USD procedural viewport
- usd#317 Supporting light path expressions on rendervars
- usd#426 Using the
arnold:prefix when reading filter parameters
- usd#427 Supporting
- usd#435 Improving nested USD procedurals viewport representation
- usd#425 Supporting the sourceName aovSetting on rendervars
- usd#437 Supporting alternate prefix for filter parameters
- usd#318 Supporting primvar AOVs
- usd#448 Using the preview surface as a displacement shader
- usd#452 Using the dataType aovSetting correctly.
See also the Arnold 18.104.22.168 release notes for the full list of core enhancements and fixes.