Download Arnold for Houdini
Follow these installation instructions
New Windows system requirement
If you use the Extract contents only option to install HtoA, you must manually install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable.
The VCRedist install is in the HtoA redist folder. For example:
- Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education
- Windows 7 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- Linux with at least glibc 2.12 and libstdc++ 3.4.13 (gcc 4.4.7). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 6.
- OSX 10.11 or later.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set.
- GPU rendering works on Windows and Linux only and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 455.38 or higher drivers on Linux and 457.09 (Quadro), 457.30 (GeForce) or higher on Windows. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
- htoa#1581 Fix operator traversal for subnets created via a script
htoa#1583 Restore the
camera_projectionshader's camera parameter
- htoa#1585 Correct the
indirect_specular_blurtype from int to float, now located in the Advanced group