Download Arnold for Houdini
Follow these installation instructions
New Windows system requirement
If you use the Extract contents only option to install HtoA, you must manually install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable.
The VCRedist install is in the HtoA redist folder. For example:
- Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education
- Windows 7 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- Linux with at least glibc 2.12 and libstdc++ 3.4.13 (gcc 4.4.7). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 6.
- OSX 10.11 to 10.15. Note that macOS 11 Big Sur is not certified.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set.
- GPU rendering works on Windows and Linux only and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 455.38 or higher drivers on Linux and 457.09 (Quadro), 457.30 (GeForce) or higher on Windows. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
- htoa#1100 Update installer images
- htoa#1582 Allow optional
- htoa#1586 Remove
visible_lightshader from vop context
- htoa#1593 Remove insensitive terminology
- htoa#1594 About box text is no longer truncated
- htoa#1620 Pull
alembicprocedural frame rate from scene
htoa#1626 Volume shader is now assigned to all instanced procedurals
htoa#1627 Updated installer version
- core#10125 Bad chromaticity detection when linear and narrow color space are the same
- core#9979 Crash when missing config in color_manager_ocio
- core#10140 Crash with quad_light and IPR
- core#9634 [GPU] OSL texture lookup crashing on a subsequent renders
- core#10050 [GPU] Crash in displacement in when using tracing shaders in the scene
- core#10128 [GPU] Curvature shader slows down render
- core#10060 [GPU] Improve handling of stack overflow exceptions
- core#10118 [GPU] Improve NVML detection
- core#10196 [GPU] Light disappears during GPU IPR after modified
- core#10163 [GPU] Single channel float texture artifacts
- core#10231 [GPU] Texture and exception handling errors using multiple GPUs without NVLink
- core#10146 Fixed a hang in crash handler
- core#10175 Mix of two standard_surfaces with transmission hangs the render
- core#9982 Negative values with thin_film and transmission
- core#10165 [OSL] Artifacts when using randomwalk_bssrdf in OSL
- core#10159 Random crash in subdivision after render interruption
- core#10124 Surfaces with transmission depth can disappear with nested dielectrics on CPU
- usd#592 Invalid face-varying primvars crash the render delegate
- usd#596 Invalid USD is produced if polymesh is made of triangles and nsides is empty
- usd#481 std::string, TfToken, and SdfAssetPath typed VtArrays are not converted when setting primvars