HtoA 220.127.116.11 is a minor feature release bringing dynamic OBJ nodes per procedural type, and other bug fixes from Arnold 18.104.22.168.
- Houdini, Houdini FX, Houdini Indie and Houdini Education
- Windows 10 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- Linux with at least glibc 2.17 and libstdc++ 4.8.5 (gcc 4.8.5). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 7.
- macOS 10.13 to 10.15. Note that macOS 11 Big Sur is not certified.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set.
- GPU rendering works on Windows and Linux only and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Ampere, Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 460.39 or higher drivers on Linux and 461.40 (Quadro), 461.40 (GeForce), or higher on Windows. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
Object nodes for Arnold procedurals HtoA dynamically adds object (OBJ) nodes for all procedurals loaded at startup. For example, with the default HtoA installation, you get the Arnold Alembic, Arnold Usd, Arnold Procedural, and Arnold Mandelbulb object nodes. (htoa#883)
Alembic layering The Arnold Alembic node supports Alembic layering. (htoa#883)
- htoa#1713 Add exr metadata to all exr drivers
- htoa#1724 Fix relative paths for node parameters on shaders
- core#9900 Arnold can raise signals twice if they are handled by the host application
- core#10621 Artifacts or crashes when interactively changing object's number of transform motion keys or shutter interval
- core#10511 Artifacts with implicit surface shapes
- core#10491 Crash due to NaN values in volume displacement
- core#10516 Crash when passing a null pointer to AiASSLoad()
- core#9425 Crash when updating the dependency graph after deleting a node
- core#10395 [GPU] Interactively editing a procedural transform does not update the included lights
- core#10377 Incorrect motion blur on visible quad and point lights when not using the default shutter
- core#10483 Large implicit surface shapes can cause slow or hung renders
- core#10488 Slowdown in stats output when ADP libraries are not found
- core#10528 [OCIO] Upgrade to bugfix release 2.0.1
- usd#795 GfMatrix4d attributes are not converted to AI_TYPE_MATRIX parameters
- usd#778 Procedural doesn't read some animated parameters properly
- usd#790 Reset the disp_map parameter instead of setting nullptr when there is no displacement
- usd#768 Custom typed primitives are not written if they already exist