|A scene file can be downloaded here.|
- Start by assigning a Standard Surface shader to a poly plane.
- Increase the Emission of the Standard Surface to 1. Decrease the Base and Specular Weights to 0.
- Connect an Image shader to the Emission Color and add a file texture to the Image Name. In this case, we have used the beautiful Mona Lisa.
- Connect a Utility shader with a Flat Shade Mode and a UV Color Mode (via an Add shader) connected to the image shaders UV coords.
- Add a Noise shader as an offset to the input 2 of the Add shader.
You can also add a uv_transform shader after the image for extra controls. You could also add a Range shader to further control the distortion effect.
Final shading network
Image: UV Coordinates
In the UV Coordinates of the Image shader, there are controls for further changing the position of the texture map. When animated, this can produce some interesting results:
- Animating the Exposure (using a Color Correct) of the texture used to distort the Image shader will produce the final result.
Exposure (-10 to 0)