June 7 2013
This version uses the Arnold 22.214.171.124 core.
Highlighted New Features
- Support for creating and destroying mesh nodes during an IPR session. Check the following video IPR Ear
- Frontend to handle the creation of Tx textures. See implementation details.
- Extended the Holdout Matte support to all the builtin shaders.
- Optimized polymesh storage and faster ray accel.
- Added a physically-based sky shader. See details.
- Marble shader implemented.
- We are not supporting Maya 2011 anymore
- The Shave and a Haircut extension is compiled against version 7.0v32.
- The new IPR code to handle destruction and modification of Maya mesh nodes is experimental.
- MtoA for Mac requires OS X Lion 10.7 or bigger.
- The look of the maya fluid can change due to the change in ramp evaluation which didn't take into account the density created by the texture.
- The snow shader has changed in look due to a bug. Now it matches Maya software.