November 7 2014
This version uses the Arnold 126.96.36.199 core.
- The ambient occlusion shader has a new check to only gather occlusion against the same object.
- The importance sampling tables needed by textured quad area lights can now be computed in parallel, which will speedup scenes with many lights.
- Faster thread creation/destruction.
- Reduced texture IO.
- We now expose the new arnold matte parameter for all the shapes. Shader Matte functionality in our built-in shaders is still exposed but might be removed in a future release.
- SSS with zero diffusion radius: previously such shaders would render black, now the result is the same as a diffuse BRDF. This affects the standard shader.