April 29 2015
This version uses the Arnold 188.8.131.52 core
- Optimized volume rendering.
- Fixed long-standing artifacts with large ray marching steps.
- Faster volume caches (such as OpenVDB) in IPR.
- Added the Arnold volume and volume_opacity AOVs:
- volume is an RGBA AOV with the additive volume contribution (scattering, emission) and a single channel alpha.
- volume_opacity is an RGB AOV with the full three channel opacity.
- Support for volume mattes.
- This is the last MtoA release supporting Maya 2013 and 2013 Extension.
- If you have a node-locked license and install a new MtoA version, you will need to reinstall the license.
- Shader NaN checks are always enabled.
- Bifrost Aero and Foam are not supported.
- The Material Viewer in the Hypershade is not yet supported.
- Maya Render View now applies color management by default. This means the Display Driver gamma attribute from the Arnold Render Settings should be set to 1.0.