June 4, 2018
This version uses the Arnold 126.96.36.199 core.
Arnold Viewport rendering (Maya 2018 only):
It is now possible to render inside the Maya viewport, by switching the viewport "Renderer" to Arnold. Some of the Arnold RenderView options are exposed, like Region Rendering, Debug Shading, Isolate Selected, AOVs, etc. This feature is only available with Maya 2018.
- Added <LightGroup> token in output filename, so that Light Group AOVs tokens can be inserted in custom ways.
- Option Output Denoising AOVs now automatically dumps the optional AOVs for noice (diffuse_albedo, Z, N). This requires EXR output files.
Arnold Denoiser UI:
The new menu "Arnold -> Utilities -> Arnold Denoiser UI (noice)" allows to denoise previously rendered images. This requires that the input images were rendered in EXR with merged AOVs enabled.
- Improved stability with incompatible OptiX versions
- Fixed crashes when editing nHair nodes during IPR sessions.
- Fixed crash happening with snapshots resolution changes.
- Fixed errors in Render To Texture when '|' characters exist in the Maya node name
- MaterialX Operator's parameter mtlx was renamed filename
- Light Group AOVs now add the group suffix before the frame number
|#3430||Common attributes tab inside Render Settings shrinks when loading customer file|
|#3456||Transforming or changing attributes to nHair object with ARV running crashes Maya|
|#3460||Light group names always appended to frame number|
|#3470||ARV: crash with isolate selected when window is closed and reopened|
|#3398||replace getAttr(..., size=1) with python API implementation|
|#3414||Crash when changing resolution with snapshot selected|
|#3415||Crash when "Display Pixel Information" is checked and different resolution images have been snapshot|
|#3444||license information missing from kick test render in diagnostics|
|#3417||Isolate Select in ARV throws a warning|
|#3421||Add Install Trial License to the Arnold > Licensing menu|
|#3427||createStandIn doesn't work in MtoA 3.0.0.x|
|#3459||Automatically add the optional AOVs for noice|
|#3466||Add parameter to optix-denoise the beauty|
|#3468||Prevent errors in Render to Texture when pipe characters exist in the object name|
|#3469||Warning about near_plane in render to texture|
|#3343||Arnold Rendering in Maya Viewport|
|#3461||Add UI for the Arnold denoiser|
|#3465||Rename mtlx attribute to filename|