August 10, 2018
This version uses the Arnold 126.96.36.199 core.
MtoA 3.1.0 is a feature release, including the following improvements:
- Added sheen parameters in aiStandardSurface.
- Added new cell noise shader aiCellNoise.
- Cryptomatte shaders are included by default with MtoA.
- aiToon can compute the edge detection based on custom toon_id value when it's set on the shapes.
- New Matrix shaders.
- Added progress bar to the renderview.
- Improved feedback in the status bar, about what is being processed by MtoA.
- Added parameter "operators" allowing to apply operators to a specific standin only. The selection string must refer to the nodes inside the .ass file.
- Show the contents of the .ass file in the Standin Attribute Editor, and allow to apply overrides on the selected items.
- Stabilized the VP2 display of Standins, including if a render is in progress.
Render To Texture:
- Added option "extend edges" to fill texture seams.
- Improved the quality of both noice and optix denoisers.
- Added menu in "Arnold->Utilities" to Export / Import operator graphs.
- Maya shaders "checker", "multiplyDivide", and "clamp" are now being exported as Arnold native shaders.
- Fixed IPR updates of XGen splines.
- Improved Arnold area lights illumination in VP2.
- Bifrost foam can be rendered with both a surface and a volume shader.
- Extended the menu "Arnold->Utilities->Convert Shaders to Arnold" to support the following utility alShaders : alLayer, alLayerColor, alRemapColor, alRemapFloat, alFractal, alFlake, alLayer. A basic support of mia_material, dielectric and VrayMtl is also included.
MtoA 3.1.0 is not binary compatible with 3.0.* versions. All 3rd party extensions, shaders, and procedurals will need to be recompiled against the latest version.
|#3511||Cannot add custom string attribute to override sets|
|#2745||[ARV] Improve feedback on what's being processed|
|#2811||Convert Maya shaders as Arnold common shaders|
|#3463||Uninstall.exe and left.bmp couse environment issues with custom MAYA_MODULE_PATH|
|#2523||Render To Texture : add "fill texture seams"|
|#3003||IPR update of XGen splines|
|#3136||ARV rendering status indicator not obvious, and doesn't update on abort/failure|
|#3301||Viewport - improve Arnold lights illumination representation in VP|
|#3395||Allow to apply operator overrides in standins / procedurals|
|#3396||Display Standin contents in Attribute Editor|
|#3486||Switch to Arnold core maketx|
|#3497||ARV: Re-introduce "export to ass"|
|#3499||Don't export MayaFlatClosure when not needed|
|#3500||Support Standins viewport display during render sessions|
|#3502||Export / Import operator graphs|
|#3508||Convert MultiplyDivide as Arnold native shaders|
|#3510||Add more alShaders to the conversion script|
|#3513||Export Maya's checker as Arnold checkerboard|
|#3515||Merge mrShadersToArnold.py with the Convert Shaders menu|
|#3517||Expose sheen attributes in aiStandardSurface|
|#3519||Export Maya Clamp as Arnold clamp|
|#3520||Update to Bifrost plugin supporting foam with surface and volume|
|#3524||Expose cryptomatte in MtoA|
|#3525||Expose aiCellNoise in MtoA|
|#3530||Add toon_id parameter on shapes|
|#3531||Automatic namespacing not working with gpuCache|
|#3143||Arnold4 conversion script: alLayer replacement|