MtoA 4.2.3 introduces Arnold 22.214.171.124 and is a minor feature release bringing fixes and improvements to OCIO and USD support
- Maya 2019, 2020 or 2022
- Windows 10 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- Linux with at least glibc 2.17 and libstdc++ 4.8.5 (gcc 4.8.5). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 7.
- macOS 10.13 or later
- Apple Mac models with M series chip are supported under Rosetta 2 mode
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set.
- GPU rendering works on Windows and Linux only and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Ampere, Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 460.39 or higher drivers on Linux and 461.40 (Quadro), 461.40 (GeForce), or higher on Windows. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
Maya Plugins Compatibility
MtoA 4.2.3 works with the following Maya plugins
- Removed USD dependency on UsdProxyShapeTranslator (mtoa#657)
- Ship usd modules for multiple USD versions, allowing multiple versions of MayaUSD to be used (mtoa#658)
- mtoa#615 - crash creating OSL code editor in Maya 2022
- mtoa#625 - frame parameter is being set to seconds and not frame in the usd procedural
- mtoa#643 - mayapy crash with usdProxShape translator
- mtoa#644 - mayapy crash on loading pymel.core
- arv#560 - Upgrade OCIO to 2.0.1 in Arnold RenderView
- core#9900 Arnold can raise signals twice if they are handled by the host application
- core#10621 Artifacts or crashes when interactively changing object's number of transform motion keys or shutter interval
- core#10511 Artifacts with implicit surface shapes
- core#10491 Crash due to NaN values in volume displacement
- core#10516 Crash when passing a null pointer to AiASSLoad()
- core#9425 Crash when updating the dependency graph after deleting a node
- core#10395 [GPU] Interactively editing a procedural transform does not update the included lights
- core#10377 Incorrect motion blur on visible quad and point lights when not using the default shutter
- core#10483 Large implicit surface shapes can cause slow or hung renders
- core#10488 Slowdown in stats output when ADP libraries are not found
- core#10528 [OCIO] Upgrade to bugfix release 2.0.1
- usd#795 GfMatrix4d attributes are not converted to AI_TYPE_MATRIX parameters
- usd#778 Procedural doesn't read some animated parameters properly
- usd#790 Reset the disp_map parameter instead of setting nullptr when there is no displacement
- usd#768 Custom typed primitives are not written if they already exist