Beauty AOV / Cryptomatte material AOV
Arnold supports Cryptomatte, an ID matte creation tool created by Jonah Friedman. It creates ID mattes automatically with support for motion blur, transparency, and depth of field. Names, object namespaces, and material names can be used to organize ID mattes in the scene.
The following Cryptomatte AOVs are available under AOVs.
- crypto_asset creates the same matte for all assets.
- crypto_material creates a matte based on the assigned shader.
- crypto_object creates a matte based on the object name.
The Cryptomatte shader is set up automatically for you.
- Create the Cryptomatte AOVs that you require in the AOV Browser in the AOVs tab of the Render Settings window. Select an AOV and view it in the attribute editor. It should be visible in the Shader under Custom AOV.
- Render the scene. The Cryptomatte AOVs should now be available in the Arnold RenderView window.