February 13, 2020
Download and Installation
- Arnold: 6.0.2+
- Katana: 3.2v1+, 3.5v1+
- Linux: x86-64, RHEL 6+ or compatible glibc
- Windows: 7+ on x86-64, with VC++ 2015 redistributable installed
- GPU: see here for detailed information. Required NVIDIA drivers:
Linux: 440.36 or higher
Windows: 441.28 or higher
- Updated Arnold core: Update to Arnold 6.0.2, which features the Arnold-USD procedural, a string_replace operator, new perspective camera controls for distortion, tilt and shift, and the ability of kick to directly render other scene formats (including USD), in addition to many bug fixes. Please see the release notes here. (#452, #453)
- ArnoldUsd node and op: Although Katana can bring in USD data directly via UsdIn (or PxrUsdIn for those who compile it from the USD git repository), the Arnold procedural supporting USD is also exposed via a new ArnoldUsd node and associated op, so that users may produce the same results with Arnold consuming USD data in different DCCs. (#451)
- Support Katana 3.5 series: Katana 3.5 releases are officially supported.
Improved translation time for instances: Generating point-based or instance-array-based instances now takes a fraction of the time scenes that rely heavily on instancing via pointclouds or instance arrays. (#335)
- Katana 3.1 series support dropped: KtoA builds for Katana 3.1 series are no longer automatic. Please contact support if this will cause hardship for your productions.