KtoA 22.214.171.124 introduces Arnold core 126.96.36.199
- Windows 10 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- Linux with at least glibc 2.17 and libstdc++ 4.8.5 (gcc 4.8.5). This is equivalent to RHEL/CentOS 7.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set.
- GPU rendering works on Windows and Linux only and requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Ampere, Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 460.39 or higher drivers on Linux and 461.40 (Quadro), 461.40 (GeForce), or higher on Windows. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
Katana 5.0v3 compatibility
Katana 5.0v3 introduced a change where the Arnold USD plugins support in Katana may cause an error. When this happens, Windows a dialog will pop up at Katana startup and during rendering where it will state it cannot find a DLL entry point, while on Linux this will result in aborted startup of Katana with missing symbol. This is a known issue, and will be fixed in a subsequent version of KtoA; in the meantime, the workaround is to downgrade to Katana 5.0v2 temporarily.
- Download KtoA for your platform and Katana version.
- Run the self-extracting installer. See the installation steps here.
- IPR / live rendering enhancements :
- Operators on both procedurals and assigned globally now update when changed in live rendering (KTOA-424)
- AOV shaders and color managers now update when changed in live rendering (KTOA-631)
AiUniverseCompare() API allows the comparison of 2 universes, returning a boolean result. It can receive an optional type mask so that only nodes of types matching that mask are taken into account for the comparison. Finally, it can optionally return a list of all the differences found. (ARNOLD-10171).
- Time samples should always clamp to shutter range (KTOA-332)
- Max time samples does not affect Alembic geometry (KTOA-333)
- Too many motion keys included with center-on-frame motion blur (KTOA-783)
- Fix update shelf script python exceptions (KTOA-787)
- Live material updates not always working (KTOA-788)