November 4, 2015
- Added support for per-node ICE attributes on polymeshes (SItoA #1917).
- Custom metadata for deep EXR outputs (SItoA #1922).
- The standard and lambert shaders now use Russian Roulette termination to more efficiently render with high GI depth. For AA samples 5 or higher the increase in noise is typically very small. Indoor scenes with high GI depth will benefit the most, but also scenes with lots of glass and high refraction/reflection depth. In such scenes we have measured between 1.5x and 5x faster renders. (core #4901).
- Render options and stats in EXR metadata: Several global render options, such as sample settings and ray depths, are now stored in the image file as EXR metadata (core #4849, #4860).
- Fixing broken CAVs and UVs on objects with geometry operators such as local subdivisions (all versions) and boolean (2013 only) (SItoA #1623, #1652, #1841, #1919).
- Incorrect render with matte surfaces behind volumes (core #4918)
- Starting from SItoA 3.6.0 (which uses Arnold 188.8.131.52), the minimum requirements for Linux have been raised to the equivalent of RHEL/CentOS 6 for glibc and libstdc++. However, Softimage ships with a legacy libstdc++ that is put in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that hijacks the system one, making it impossible to load the Arnold DSO. To fix this, one solution is to preload the system libstdc++ before launching Softimage:Another solution is to remove the libstdc++ from the Softimage install and let the system one take over, for example: