March 7, 2016
- Update to Arnold 184.108.40.206.
- New spread parameter for quad and disk lights.
- New radius parameter for the photometric light.
- Deep EXR now supporting append mode.
- Starting from SItoA 3.6.0 (which uses Arnold 220.127.116.11), the minimum requirements for Linux have been raised to the equivalent of RHEL/CentOS 6 for glibc and libstdc++. However, Softimage ships with a legacy libstdc++ that is put in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that hijacks the system one, making it impossible to load the Arnold DSO. To fix this, one solution is to preload the system libstdc++ before launching Softimage:Another solution is to remove the libstdc++ from the Softimage install and let the system one take over, for example: