July 13, 2015
- Faster export times overall on Windows (up to 20% faster).
- Faster export of polygon meshes (up to 35% faster).
- Much faster export of ICE instances (up to 5x faster) and ICE cylinders, discs, cones, boxes (up to 3x faster).
- Faster rendering when using SItoA shaders on Windows (up to 15% faster).
- Starting from SItoA 3.6.0 (which uses Arnold 184.108.40.206), the minimum requirements for Linux have been raised to the equivalent of RHEL/CentOS 6 for glibc and libstdc++.However, Softimage ships with a legacy libstdc++ that is put in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that hijacks the system one, making it impossible to load the Arnold DSO.To fix this, one solution is to preload the system libstdc++ before launching Softimage:Another solution is to remove the libstdc++ from the Softimage install and let the system one take over, for example: