The recommended way to install third-party shaders and plugins is to use the ARNOLD_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable. For example, set the ARNOLD_PLUGIN_PATH environment variable like so:
- Copy the content of the bin folder to ...\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\bin\nt-x86-64 in windows or ...\Addons\SItoA\Application\Plugins\bin\linux inlinux
- That should be sufficient to get the shaders on the Arnold > DLL Shaders menu.
- Copy the SPDLs to ...\Addons\SItoA\Application\spdl
- In Softimage, before you try to use the shaders, generate presets (in the Plug-in Tree, right-click thespdland click Regenerate Presets)
- In the render tree, you may need to refresh the preset manager to see the shaders.
- If you have already created some instances of the shader and they didn't have the PPGLayout, delete thespdlxsiindexin your $XSI_USERHOME\Application folder and start Softimage again.
There are several third-party shader resources available for the Arnold plugins, as listed on the Arnold renderer website.
These third-party shaders, extensions, and integrations are not developed or supported by Autodesk but are provided for your convenience.