12 March 2015
This is a bugfix release, improving point rendering.
This release uses Arnold 220.127.116.11 and OpenVDB 3.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini or Houdini FX production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc4.4)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc11)
- Mac OS X 10.8+
Please note that Houdini Apprentice and Houdini Indie do not support third party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- Enforce the Render As Points property (vm_renderpoints) to allow rendering only points or unconnected points. This removes the need to create a particle system with an Add SOP to render points (#177)
- A new Point Scale (ar_point_scale) property allows to globally scale the radii of particles, it linked by default to the vm_pointscale counterpart for Mantra (#177)
- Updated geometry properties UI and tooltips (#177)
- Handle more type conversions in user data shaders (#543)
- Fixed exception when rendering with Houdini 14.0.258 (#539)
- Fixed crash when translating array attributes (#540)
- In Houdini 14, the pscale attribute is now treated as radii by default, instead of diameters. You can get the old behavior back by setting vm_pscalediameter property. Also, the default radius when no pscale attribute is set, has changed from 0.05 to 0.1 (#542)
- Render fails when mesh light uses relative paths (#544)
- Points rendered as quads have wrong aspect and rotation (#546)
- Restore Houdini 13 compatibility of the Standard and Hair material digital assets (#545)