20 April 2015
This is a performance release, focusing on volume rendering speed and introducing a new installer.
This release uses Arnold 22.214.171.124 and OpenVDB 3.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini or Houdini FX production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc4.4)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc11)
- Mac OS X 10.8+
Please note that Houdini Apprentice and Houdini Indie do not support third party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- New graphical installer on all platforms. The installer can setup HtoA for the current user, or alternatively just extract the contents. The setup just changes a few lines of your
houdini.envconfig file and creates a backup (#412)
- OpenVDB volume plugin optimizations (#428)
- Volume Collector optimization for shadow rays (#558)
- Volume motion blur optimizations (#421, #422)
- Fast OpenVDB volume IPR updates (#428)
- New Two Sided shader (#563)
- New Normal Map digital asset VOP (#373)
- New Vector Displacement digital asset VOP (#316)
- Space Transform shader sets incorrect normal (#555)
- Fixed backtracking direction for volume motion blur (#421)
- Handle empty OpenVDB trees more gracefully (#560)
- Fixed volume artifacts at large step sizes (#523)
- The Houdini signal handler is now daisy-chained, re-enabling autosave in case of a crash (#562)