17 June 2015
This is a performance release, improving polymesh and instance generation speed and fixing a few bugs.
This release uses Arnold 184.108.40.206 and OpenVDB 3.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX or Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc4.4)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc11)
- Mac OS X 10.8+
Please note that Houdini Apprentice and Houdini Indie do not support third party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- Generation of polymeshes is now 30% faster (htoa#604)
- Generation of instances is now 25% faster (htoa#602, htoa#610)
Crash during IPR session on Linux (core#4734)
- Zero valued parameters of shaders are not passed when in an HDA (htoa#600)
Permission denied when creating intermediate directories (htoa#601)
Fixed regression causing a crash with an invalid master instance (htoa#607)
- Fixed Full Point Instancing, it will now be treated as Fast Point Instancing. Note that you should prefer Fast Point Instancing as it will prevent Houdini to cook the full instance geometries (which we don't use) and thus will save time and memory (htoa#557)
- Fixed crash when trying to instance lights (htoa#596)