16 December 2015
Pick materials in Render View, TX auto-generation fixes.
This release uses Arnold 188.8.131.52 and OpenVDB 3.0.0.
Binaries available for the following Houdini, Houdini FX or Houdini Education production builds:
and for the following platforms:
- Linux x86_64 (gcc4.4 for H14, gcc4.8 for H15)
- Windows 7 x64 (vc11)
- Mac OS X 10.8+
Please note that Houdini Apprentice and Houdini Indie do not support third party renderers and thus cannot run HtoA.
- Pick materials in Render View: You can use Ctrl+LMB in the Render View to pop up a panel with the material that shaded the pixel that was clicked. (htoa#119)
- Update TX Textures menu entry: The Arnold menu now contains a simple function to update all the TX textures of the scene. (htoa#730)
- Update TX Textures Python command: An equivalent command to update all TX textures of the scene is also available:
- For custom stereocam rigs, fallback to the camera name if the
subcamtagparameter does not exist on the sub-cameras (htoa#654)
- Fixed disabling TX auto-generation on the ROP (htoa#730)
- More robust checking if a TX texture needs updating (htoa#730)
- Fixed confusing "icp: Unable to open..." error messages (htoa#730)
- Crash if there are more than 100 UDIM rows (core#5002)
- Coinciding vertex attributes merging is now enabled by default, to avoid the many support requests about UV discontinuities when subdividing. This incurs a slight translation time overhead but uses up to 4x less memory to store vertex attributes. Also, the Merge Vertex Indices option is now located in Subdivision tab. (htoa#729)
See also the Arnold 184.108.40.206 release notes for the full list of core enhancements.