December 10, 2019
Supported Cinema 4D versions:
- R19.024 and above
- R20.057 and above
- R21.026 and above
- GPU no longer in beta: Since the majority of the CPU features are now supported on the GPU, with lots of stability fixes and a good match between the CPU and GPU results, we're boldly removing the beta tag! For supported features and improvements please check the core Release Notes.
- New single-user licensing mode: Now users can sign-in with their Autodesk ID for being authorized, buying subscriptions, etc. The single-user licensing mode requires installation of the Autodesk Licensing Service and Single Sign-On components that can be installed from the Arnold License Manager tool if necessary.
- Arnold License Manager: The new Arnold License Manager tool allows to easily configure Arnold licensing through a graphical user interface. Users can select and change license type (e.g. Single-user, Network or RLM), sign in to their Autodesk Account, specify license server addresses for network licensing, etc. You can still configure licensing through environment variables, such as
ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE, in which case they override the settings in the Arnold License Manager configuration file.
- Material export and Material import: Materials can be exported to ASS files and MaterialX files (.mtlx) via the C4DtoA > Utilities > Material > Export... menu item or via the Alt+W~X shortcut in the Material Manager. Materials can be imported via the C4DtoA > Utilities > Material > Import... menu item or Alt+W~I shortcut. Selected shaders of a material can also be exported from the network editor.
- Align nodes in the network editor: New Edit > Align nodes menu item and Alt+W~L shortcut is added to the network editor to align graph nodes in the layout.
- Notification when no license found or license will expire: Now a message is displayed in the render settings when no Arnold license found or two weeks before the license expires.
- New Licensing menu: Licensing menu moved to C4DtoA > Licensing with menu items to open the new Arnold License Manager, help and purchase pages.
- New aov_write_vector shader: This enables the writing of vector values into a vector typed AOV, for example for recording positional values. These would previously have been clamped when using RGB typed AOVs.
- Add Details and Project tabs to Arnold Sky: Light filters, user options, and light linking settings are moved to these new tabs to be consistent with other lights.
- Flush Caches menu moved under Utilities
- physical_sky now goes below horizon: The physical sky shader will now extend the sky color at the horizon all the way down to the bottom pole. This should remove the black band under the horizon when not using an infinite ground plane.
- OCIO roles: Roles defined in the OCIO config are now listed on the color manager UI.