January 12, 2016
- Update to Arnold 4.2.12.
- New specular distribution (Beckmann or GGX) and SSS profile parameters in the standard shader.
- Support for per-light AOVs for volumetrics.
- Allow for negative thread count, to indicate how many cores not to use.
- A licensing dialog is now available from the Arnold menu, a simple dialog to troubleshoot and install license files. You can query the license status, save diagnostic information to a file to send to support or obtain your host ID to generate a node-locked license.
- Starting from SItoA 3.6.0 (which uses Arnold 126.96.36.199), the minimum requirements for Linux have been raised to the equivalent of RHEL/CentOS 6 for glibc and libstdc++. However, Softimage ships with a legacy libstdc++ that is put in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that hijacks the system one, making it impossible to load the Arnold DSO. To fix this, one solution is to preload the system libstdc++ before launching Softimage:Another solution is to remove the libstdc++ from the Softimage install and let the system one take over, for example: