November 12 2014
This version uses Arnold 126.96.36.199
- The ambient occlusion shader has a new check to only gather occlusion against the same object.
- Subdivision soft creases and ICE-driven edge and vertex creases are supported.
- The importance sampling tables needed by textured quad area lights can now be computed in parallel. This can result in important speedups in scenes with many lights that use high-resolution tables.
- Faster thread creation/destruction.
- Reduced texture IO.
- Now we expose the new Arnold 4.2.2 matte parameter from shapes in the same Arnold matte PPG. We removed the old matte functionality that was implemented through the STA_SHADINGROOT shader.
- SSS with zero diffusion radius: previously such shaders would render black, now the result is the same as a diffuse BRDF. This affects the standard shader.