January 16 2015
This version uses Arnold 18.104.22.168
- Faster Curves and Volumes.
- Opacity controls added to the Skin Shader.
- The autobump detail enhancement now works for procedurally displaced polymeshes even when there are no UV texture coordinates.
- Arnold now supports up to 128 threads. Shaders that make use of AI_MAX_THREADS will need to be recompiled otherwise crashes may occur in upcoming machines with more than 64 threads. In addition, like in Linux, Windows can now make use of the existing options.pin_threads.
- User-specified polymesh vertex normals are now preserved and respected during displacement, and also when using linear subdivision. For cases where Catmull-Clark subdivision is not needed, this allows sharp edges to remain sharp when increasing mesh density for detailed displacement.
- Raised minimum Windows version to Windows 7: We no longer support Windows versions before Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Spherical and cylindrical cameras now maintain their FOV vertically regardless of frame and pixel aspect ratio. For spherical cameras this means that the render will always reach all the way to the poles vertically. For cylindrical cameras vertical_fov will now be correctly respected.