September 11, 2015
- More robust IPR.
- Direct and indirect AOVs for volume and SSS.
- Improved OpenVDB plugin, standard and image shaders.
- Adaptive tessellation also works in object space.
- Faster volumes, curves, deep EXR writing, subdivision, and rendering of opacity-mapped objects.
- Starting from SItoA 3.6.0 (which uses Arnold 220.127.116.11), the minimum requirements for Linux have been raised to the equivalent of RHEL/CentOS 6 for glibc and libstdc++.However, Softimage ships with a legacy libstdc++ that is put in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that hijacks the system one, making it impossible to load the Arnold DSO.To fix this, one solution is to preload the system libstdc++ before launching Softimage:Another solution is to remove the libstdc++ from the Softimage install and let the system one take over, for example: