- Arnold GPU supports complex shading networks, SSS, hair, atmospherics, instancing, and procedurals.
With the same settings, GPU renders will currently be noisier than CPU renders , since GPU renders are "non-splitting" (i.e. one path per camera/AA sample). Accordingly, to achieve equivalent noise the AA sample count will need to be increased in GPU renders. Adaptive rendering is fully supported.
- Standard Surface, Standard Hair, and Standard Volume are supported, with some limitations (see the table below).
- OSL is supported, with some limitations currently (see below).
- OpenVDB volumes are supported, with some limitations currently (see below).
- Volume displacement is supported, with some limitations currently (see below).
- Floating-point textures are converted to half-float. Filename attribute tags are supported. Mipmap bias is not supported.
- Light linking is not supported.
Limited AOV support.
- Light groups, shadow groups, trace sets are not supported.
- Custom procedurals, drivers, color managers are supported.
- Custom shaders, cameras, filters, BSDFs are not supported.
- Noice is not supported with Arnold GPU renders (because the variance filter is not supported on Arnold GPU)