MAXtoA 4.2.0 introduces Arnold 184.108.40.206 and is a feature release bringing a brand new post-processing framework (imagers), support for nested dielectrics, much improved progressive and adaptive sampling, on-demand texture loading on GPU, and a variety of enhancements and fixes.
Autodesk Network Licensing in Arnold 6 requires new license files with an updated 2020 version. Please follow the instructions on this page to generate your license file. More info about Arnold 6 licensing can be found here.
Compatible 3ds Max Versions
- Autodesk 3ds Max 2019, 2020 or 2021
- Windows 7 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set.
- GPU rendering requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 451.77 drivers or higher. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
- maxtoa#645 ARV: Handle image saving from ARV > Save Image
- maxtoa#722 Enable Randomwalk2 SSS choice for the Physical material
- maxtoa#723 Imagers implementation: imagers are exposed as shaders in the material editor browser, and should be connected in the Imagers slot, at the bottom of the main rendering setting tab. Imagers can be chained in the material editor, through their input parameter.
- maxtoa#814 Expose Material Import and Export to MAXscript
- maxtoa#829 Add ability to import more than 1 material at a time.
- maxtoa#838 Expose aov_prefix for toon shader
- maxtoa#840 Increase the texture cache size default to 4096 MB
- maxtoa#841 Extend the verbosity of the Info verbose level
- maxtoa#848 Switch to using the new Arnold Rendering API
- maxtoa#849 Expose the parameters for nested dielectrics
- maxtoa#854 New mix_shader's add_transparency parameter
- maxtoa#856 Not all the rendering options rollouts should be expanded by default
- maxtoa#859 Physical camera exposure control for ARV and to-ass mode: the physical camera exposure controls apply also when rendering in ARV, and when kicking exported .ass files.
- maxtoa#871 Map the Max bitmap's filtering to the image's filter
- maxtoa#889 Visual C++ redistributables for Visual Studio 2019 (Max 2019 and 2020 only)