- Autodesk 3ds Max 2019, 2020 or 2021.
- Windows 7 or later, with the Visual Studio 2019 redistributable.
- CPUs need to support the SSE4.1 instruction set.
- GPU rendering requires an NVIDIA GPU of the Turing, Volta, Pascal, or Maxwell architecture. We recommend using the 451.77 drivers or higher. See Getting Started with Arnold GPU for more information.
- Optix™ denoiser requires an NVidia GPU with CUDA™ Compute Capability 5.0 and above.
- SSS type for the physical material: the rendering options now expose the default SSS type that is used when converting the physical material to the Arnold standard surface shader (maxtoa#722).
- MAXscript commands to import and export materials are now available (maxtoa#814)
- Import multiple materials: Arnold Menu->Import/Export->Import Materials lets you pick more than one .ass/.mtlx by ctrl-clicking them (maxtoa#829).
- New mix_shader's add_transparency parameter (maxtoa#854)
- Physical camera exposure control for ARV and to-ass mode: the physical camera exposure controls now apply also when rendering in ARV, and when kicking exported .ass files (maxtoa#859).
- Support the Max bitmap's filtering type: the filter (Pyramidal, Summed Area, None) of Bitmaps is now translated correctly to the Arnold image node (maxtoa#871)